The Double A Trading Company Limited has put together this policy to set out how we will use personal data.
We are committed to protecting your privacy and recognise our responsibility to hold your information securely and confidentially.
We will process your personal data in accordance with this privacy notice and in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and any other relevant legislation.
2. Website links
3. Information Collected
We may collect and hold the following information about you and your business:
- any information you give us when contacting us by email or letter e.g. name, address, other personal details
- information from your computer or mobile device, including, your operating system, IP address and the domain name from which you accessed the site
- your name, your company or organisation’s name, email address, phone number and any details you give us when getting touch via our ‘contact form’
- any information you give us when making a purchase from us
The Double A Trading Company Limited adheres to the principles relating to processing of personal data set out in the current legislation which require personal data to be:
- not kept in a form which permits identification of data subjects for longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the data is processed, and
- adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which it is processed
- processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner
- collected only for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes
- accurate and where necessary kept up to date
- processed in a manner that ensures its security using appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage.
4. Uses and Disclosures of Information
The Double A Trading Company Limited uses your personal data to:
- verify your identify
- supply/deliver goods to you
- enable us to manage customer service interactions with you
- with your agreement, contact you electronically about promotional offers, news and products which may be of interest to you
We do not disclose your information to anyone outside the company, except:
- Sharing with service providers and third parties
We may retain service providers, including debt collection agencies to manage or support certain aspects of our business operations on our behalf. These service providers may be located in the UK or in other global locations and may provide services such as credit card processing and fraud management services, credit reference agencies, email service providers, data hosting, management or support of our site.
Our service providers are required by contract to safeguard any personal data they receive from us and are prohibited from using the personal data for any purpose other than to perform the services as instructed by us.
Third parties may hold data in order to comply with legal responsibilities (e.g. warranty) or for vital interest (e.g. safety recalls).
- Compliance with law
We use data collection, storage, processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, transaction information and data stored on our site. However, no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure.
In addition, please note that emails, messages sent via your web browser, and other similar means of communication with other users, are not encrypted. We strongly advise you not to communicate any confidential or sensitive information through these means. Therefore, while we strive to protect your information, we cannot guarantee its security.
If you use our website to send us your cv, whether or not in response to an advertised job, you are providing consent for us to use the your personal data for the purposes of our recruitment process. Any cvs received by the company from an unsuccessful applicant will be deleted/destroyed 12 months from the date of receipt.
7. Your Rights
You have the right to access any personal information that we hold about you and your rights of access can be exercised in accordance with the legislation.
8. Retention of Data
We only ever retain personal information for as long as is necessary. We are required under UK tax legislation to keep your buying information (sales invoice), basic personal data (name, address, contact details) for a minimum of 6 years.
Where you have consented to us using your details for direct marketing, we will keep such data until you notify us otherwise and/or withdraw your consent.
9. Further information
We only process your personal information in compliance with this privacy notice and in accordance with the relevant data protection laws. If, however you wish to raise a complaint regarding the processing of your personal data or are unsatisfied with how we have handled your information please contact the Finance & Operations Manager, The Double A Trading Company Limited, Eden Valley Business Park, Cupar, KY15 4RB.
If you are still not happy with the outcome you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office.